Monkland Presbyterian Church was formed in 1892 with 13 members.
Rev. J.M. Morrison and Moro Presbyterian Church’s second pastor, Silas Elder, preached mornings in Moro, rode their horses to Monkland for an afternoon service and were back in Moro for the Sunday evening service.
In 1921, most of the Monkland congregation joined with the one at Moro.
~ Heritage Homecoming Celebration, 110th Anniversary, Community Presbyterian Church, Moro, Oregon.